Wednesday, December 8, 2010

D-2 formal + Theta Semiformal + Grandmother's successful surgery= awesome week





Yes I know, totes presh. I'm kinda crazy about this guy! Two dances with him just further proved how great he is... just because he put up with me, the worse and most uncoordinated dancer in the world. AKA not a dancer :) Thanks for a wonderful week Kyle!

SO, this semester has flown by. I mentioned in a former post feelings up numbness, and confusion... as if this past few weeks have been a blur. I've been thinking about this and what it means.. When I realized how not okay that is. God calls me to live each moment for Him, with purpose and intention behind it. So allowing blur is not okay... it just shows I'm not being His hands and feet.
Someone who does do this though, is my grandmother. She had shoulder replacement surgery today and as I walked by the room she was being prepped in I hear her blabbering away about being a teacher and where she's from and where her doctor is from... I walk up and ask if she had been drugged yet, judging by the amount of chatter. I was greeted with a gasp from my grandmother and a good laugh from the wildly attractive doctor Eli Whitney (He's like McSteamy and McDreamy combined!!!). Even when she was about to have surgery, she was there making others smile. I've realized how in that sense I am just like her. How my ability to charm and make others feel comfortable is a blessing and a curse, but makes life a little harder when it is misinterpreted. Either way, I love who I've been raised to be, because I feel purpose when I make others smile. Being at the hospital today I was reminded of how awesome that passion is!!! I made tons of new friends, many of which were attractive doctors, and made more people smile just by being friendly. Oh, and did I mention I made new friends who are police officers who gave me their office phone numbers so if I ever want to see a day on the job they would do it? I was more surprised about that than you are. And the only reason they offered was because they watched Kyle teach me to two step and I just walked over and started a conversation.

Sometimes today's society makes me sad. There is a reason I get along so well with older people, I was raised to do exactly that. People my age like it because my way of conversation is quite old fashioned. But mostly because being friendly in general is rare... Showing God in a smile is sometimes unheard of. When I tell someone I saw God in them, it's surprising. When I get to share God with someone, even I am surprised. God's love shouldn't be surprising... it should be radiated and common. We aren't supposed to be content with the way the world is. In poverty, AIDS, world hunger, depression, murder, suicide.. and in my case, how rare a smile is.

So, let's smile a little more guys :) and keep my grandmother's recovery in your prayers!!

Vaya con dios,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment